I used to make my own weekly planners for years - design them, print them, in various colours and shapes. But then I moved to daily planners and these were too big a challenge for me - not design-wise but format-wise. With one day per page and 365 days in a year, this would be too bulky to print on regular paper. So I moved to Moleskine planners.
But now, after almost a decade with my daily Moleskines, I decided to embark on the adventure and print my own daily planner.
I wanted to go for a plain cover - probably plastic so it could be easily maintained during the year. But then I saw Emma Godfrey's journal cover in this PaperArtsy blog post and decided to make my own.
I gessoed the chipboard covers first:
Then I added some stamping using my hand-carved stamps:
Then a little bit of stencilling:
And some drippage:
I added a little bit of purple, because I didn't like it turned a bit too green. Then I added the embellishments to the front:
This is how the finished diary looks like - as I suspected, it's a bit too bulky and will be a pain to write in... But after all that effort, I guess I'll have to stick with it now ;-)