Tuesday 4 August 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 14: Flowers

The new PaperArtsy theme is Flowers. Alright... When I look back at my previous challenge entries, I see a lot of flowers... way too many... and more to come with this challenge ;-)



I had some neon inks on my page - but didn't really want to keep them. So I applied some modelling paste through a stencil planning to cover it all with black gesso and start over. But guess what, I liked what I was seeing...
[and yes, I do BUY stencils from time to time - this one is American Crafts Dear Lizzy Serendipity 12 x 12 Stencil]


... so I added more neon inks! This neon obsession of mine still doesn't want to go away. I bought a set of Daler Rowney FW neon inks last week when I was in London.


I created some "flowers" from strips of red tissue paper [a happy mail I got from my friend Eileen].


Then, I added more flowers - this is a flower from a Hot Pick 1006 set (I got this stamp as a freebie with one of my purchases long time ago - thank you, PaperArtsy).


Finally, I added a quote printed on my DYMO label maker.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! Nice saturated colours and I like the message of neutrality. Nice addition of the letters on the leaves as part of the whole picture.

    ^LM
    DymoSupport

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colours - so bright!

    ReplyDelete