Thursday 2 February 2017

PaperArtsy 2017 Topic 1: Pink and Orange

New year, new journal, new set of PaperArtsy topics... The first one is "Pink and Orange".

This topic came a bit later in the month of January. I was very eager to start creating in the first days of the new year. I made a traveller-notebook-insert-style journal. I decorated the covers and made a couple of backgrounds and waited patiently for the "official" prompt.

Here is the page I created:


I used various acrylic paints for the background - you surely know the feeling... looking at your paint collection and there is not the right kind of pink and not the right orange to go with it. [sigh]

I stamped the patterns with Distress Paint. Something I like to do with these paints because they are liquid and also they dry a bit longer so you have time to fix the stamping mistakes.

I'm so looking forward to getting some of the new stamp sets from PaperArtsy - they are gorgeous. I should also get some more Fresco paints colours - pink, for example.


3 comments:

  1. This is stunning. Love the swirls and the grasses.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages Pavla. Love the background and those grasses from Lin make for a wonderful page. Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete