Wednesday 26 December 2012

Dauber box step-by-step

Here are some photos of how I made my distress inks dauber storage box mentioned in my previous "distressed" post. 

1) I started by cutting the dividers. I usually don't measure anything. I only make sure that the space between the slits is a bit wider than the dauber. The slits are as wide as the thickness of the cardboard I use. 

2) Then I assembled the dividers - just like the bottle divider boxes. 

3) Then I added the bottom and the sides. I used regular PVA glue to hold it all together. 

4) I created a lid - the size of the lid depends on the size of the lower part of the box. At this point, I painted it all with acrylic paint. 
Note: I used two pieces of cardboard glued together for the sides. And only a single layer for the lid. I wanted a little bit of space between the lid and the daubers in the corners for smoother closing. 

5) Now it's time to embellish the box. First, I glued down my handmade tissue paper (tutorial found here).

Then I painted it with acrylics.


6) Finally, I added quotes and attached the lid with hinges. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment