1) I started by cutting the dividers. I usually don't measure anything. I only make sure that the space between the slits is a bit wider than the dauber. The slits are as wide as the thickness of the cardboard I use.
2) Then I assembled the dividers - just like the bottle divider boxes.
3) Then I added the bottom and the sides. I used regular PVA glue to hold it all together.
4) I created a lid - the size of the lid depends on the size of the lower part of the box. At this point, I painted it all with acrylic paint.
Note: I used two pieces of cardboard glued together for the sides. And only a single layer for the lid. I wanted a little bit of space between the lid and the daubers in the corners for smoother closing.
5) Now it's time to embellish the box. First, I glued down my handmade tissue paper (tutorial found here).
Then I painted it with acrylics.
6) Finally, I added quotes and attached the lid with hinges.