Saturday 4 February 2017

Wanderlust 2017: JANUARY

Because the Documented Life project was not continuing in 2017 [insert a very sad face here], I was looking for a year-long art "project" with weekly prompts. In the end, decided to take the Wanderlust class.


Here are my January pages. I wish I could tell you a bit more about what's behind them, but there aren't exactly any "prompts", and the class is not for free, and I don't think I'm allowed to share more... There are other class "activities" but again, not sure how much I can publish here. But what I can tell you is that I'm doing one page a week so I'm sharing these:

"Make a statement" class




The jury is still out on this class. I must admit, I expected something else. I'm not really comfortable with the class pacing, the class interface (I'm constantly looking for things, clicking from one page to another), the structure (or the lack of thereof). But I remember struggling with the DLP in January a year ago - before settling in and getting used to it. So I'm not panicking. And when in doubt... I just adjust it to my needs.

Note on the journal:
This year, all my journals are in traveller's notebook inserts of various sizes. I bought a "traveller's notebook" of sorts in the Flying Tiger store. It's surprisingly a good quality one considering the ridiculously low price.


It has reinforced cardstock covers and originally had 2 inserts (the size is 10*20 cm) which I divided into three - I took several pages out from each of the inserts and made a third one. Why, you ask? Because I know my "art" and I know the inserts will get bulky and I know how I hate when the spine gets all squashed up - better to have three thinner journals with room to expand. 
They have lined paper - but it is of desirable thickness and I'll be covering it anyway, so it doesn't matter much. I haven't decorated the journal cover(s) yet. Because they are bound to get dirty so I will do something about them once each insert is finished. 


3 comments:

  1. Pavla, if you're on Facebook, there's a neat free program Gina Ahrens and Cindy Utter are doing called My Year 2017. Lots of prompts and enthusiastic participation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing Wanderlust also and have the same comment to make; I expected something more. And I also agree that it is hard to find my way around the site. I also expect classes to be step by step; I know how to then make it my own. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from another first time Wanderlust adventurer. My thoughts echo your own (& Pamela's). Just wondering how you are going to tackle this week's lesson as I am currently stuck for ideas. The only thought I have is to play with a colour wheel, mixing my own paints, but we'll see. Again nothing like the lesson!

    ReplyDelete