Monday 15 January 2018

"Wanderlust" art journal - NOVEMBER and DECEMBER

Here are my final art journal pages in my 2017 art journal. I managed to finish this journal still in 2017, on December 31st actually... I got pretty behind during the final months because I wasn't well mentally and couldn't focus on anything creative.











 another Facebook live adventure... 
Have I mentioned I hate creating using a sequence of random prompts?
I must have...
This time, my live feed was choppy and I had a very big lag - and at one point
the broadcast skipped a few prompts...
whatever... 


One Collage "adventure"
Throughout the year, we were given a series of prompts to create a background. Some of the prompts were lost in translation, and I think I accidentally skipped at least one prompt. This is what I ended up with:


The last prompt was to cut it all apart and rearrange. I decided to cut puzzle pieces which I reassembled. (I ruined the final piece when I went over it with wet medium and forgot I had water-soluble black pastels on my surface. So I added some bright colours on top as well as some stencilling. Ah, well...)


And because I had plenty of the puzzle pieces, I also created a journal page.


I have 2017 in three traveller's notebook inserts. So I made a cover for them.


And I also decorated the individual journal covers.


I wish I could say I enjoyed the Wanderlust project - but I cannot because I didn't. In 2018, I rejoined the Documented Life Project community, that had formed on Facebook after the end of the official DLP. So I will - hopefully - be sharing my weekly pages soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment