Friday 27 December 2013

Autumn leaves

I figured out how to die-cut simple shapes without a die-cutting machine (it involves a pasta machine - don't ask me more, because it is a bit un-scientific approach to die-cutting) so I got a set of leaf dies from Clearly Besotted Stamps and started making leaves.

First, I made a small project - a tag inspired by Tim Holtz's September tag. And it turned our awesome. The leaves were painted with Distress Paints and sprayed with Perfect Pearl Mist.


So, after the initial success, I started to mass produce the leaves...


... and I made this autumn wreath...


I didn't stop there... I painted this page in my Priority journal. It has some real leaves and some stencilled leaves (I kept some of the shapes from the die-cutting to use as stencils).


I did a little bit of drippage for the background. First, I used acrylic inks on black gesso but the inks didn't show much when they dried, so I went over it with white gesso and started again - so much better.


I didn't stop there... And I swear, this is the last leaf-inspired layout of this season - because I'm really tired of leaves...


I first started with drippage - what else - and a Prima stencil.


Then I added leaves cut out of deli paper and baking paper. And more drippage (this time using Distress paints).


For more photos from my journals, go to my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment