Monday, 16 March 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 5: Deconstruction

The new PaperArtsy challenge is about Deconstruction - using a product for something it wasn't designed for or taking something apart and reconstruct it in some other way.
Again, I was limited a bit by my journal so I needed to stay relatively flat. I was considering doing something more dimensional (I have so many odd thingies I could repurpose in my stash) but I'd decided to have all the challenges in one journal so I had to think flat...
I always wanted to do something with zippers - I have seen so many lovely pieces in Finnabair style but again, this is too dimensional for my journal. So, in the end, the only dimensional element is the zipper itself:

I first glued down a piece of gelli plated deli paper to the background. I added a bit of white structure paste on it to tone it down a bit.
I attached the zipper to a piece of cardstock. I stencilled some lines on it using dark structure paste (Iron Paste by Pentart) and a Memory Box stencil. Then I added some purple and metallic grey inks.

First, I added some dark inks for the inside part - but I found out I needed a lighter background for my dark flowers...

Finally, I added the flowers (PaperArtsy flower stamp) and a quote. Later, I added some butterflies.

(I haven't re-cut the holes for the binding yet - I will probably wait till the next week's challenge - who knows what I'll be adding to the back...)

1 comment: