Sunday 22 November 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 21: Abstract Art

This fortnight's PaperArtsy topic is Abstract Art. You might have seen my other "abstract art" contribution as a guest blogger for PaperArtsy, this time I painted the usual page in my PaperArtsy challenges journal. 


I was considering not posting this page because it didn't really turn out the way I wanted. I was aiming for something Jo Myhill created but the page just didn't cooperate. Sometimes, my art fights back. This one fought ferociously...


I started with a modelling paste background. I did this technique several times before - you apply modelling paste on a piece of paper and take another piece of paper, put it on the wet paste a lift quickly to create an interesting pattern.


But then I wanted to add some more patterns into the paste and it didn't end well, so I just drew some straight lines and waited for the paste to dry before colouring it with some distress paints.


I don't have pictures of the next stages because it was a series of mishaps. All the paints I had on my page turned to a muddy colour and no matter how I tried, it wouldn't want to be fixed. So I embraced the mess and proceeded to the next step.

I took the paper I used in the first step to create the pattern and painted it too with distress paints and added a bit of stamping. I cut several flower-like shapes and added them to my page.


Then I spend some time outlining them and adding some more bright colours.


I must admit, this page was pretty exhausting and I'm not happy about it. But I decided to share it anyway...


No comments:

Post a Comment