Monday 14 March 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 5: Art Dolls

I avoid figures (and faces) in my crafting as much as I can so with the latest PaperArtsy topic being Art Dolls, I knew I had to modify it a bit.

I created this Teesha Moore-ish kind of crazy girl (with her own sarcastic quote):


I think I was channelling my inner rebel with this one. 


First, I created my background. I took a paper from my stash - if I remember correctly it was a freebie from a scrapbooking magazine from ages ago.


My favourite technique with Distress Paints is to blend them with a paper towel.


Then, I stamped some circles from various collections (Ellen Vargo's EEV02 and Emma Godfrey's EEG07 and EEG15) using the Distress Paints again.


I glued the background to the pages in my kraft journal and assembled the "girl". The face and the glasses are cut out from a fashion magazine, the rest is a combination of various doodle stamps (EEV02JOFY22 and EEG07) and other odd pieces of paper from my stash. (Sometimes it's very difficult for me to identify the set because I tend to sort my stamps by style rather than keep them in their original sets).


Finally, I stamped the letters using the JOFY alphabet set.


I really love this wonky style - it's liberating to do something "crazy" once in a while.




3 comments:

  1. This is fab and great fun. Love seeing what you make each week,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page made me laugh, I love the huge eyes and the composition of the page along with the background it makes a perfect entry for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! She's fab, and I love te quote. Brilliant! Lx

    ReplyDelete