Thursday 6 July 2017

PaperArtsy topic 8 - Assemblages

I'm slightly behind with my PaperArtsy challenges - three topics or so... I've been very uninspired recently... Luckily, there are no challenges now, so I might be able to catch up.

The last topic before the break was Assemblages. This is my take on the theme.



First, I glued down random pieces of booktext.


...and a bit of washi tape - here and there to fill in the blanks.


Then I added some colour - using Seth Apter's monoprinting technique.


Next, I stencilled some shapes using pink-ish structure paste and one of PaperArtsy stencils.


I stamped various flowers on the booktext paper and on cardstock which I coloured with Fesco paints. The most tedious part was assembling the flowers.





Finally, I added the text and some shading in and around the flowers.





No comments:

Post a Comment