Tuesday 13 January 2015

"Fragile Papers" - PaperArtsy challenge

I really like the new format of challenges PaperArtsy came up with for this year. Previously, all I could do during my busy week was to read the daily posts and when the weekend came, I was usually overwhelmed by all the creativity and didn't really do much. With fortnightly theme, I feel I have enough time to think it all through and create without any pressure.

I'm so excited I even decided to dedicate one art journal to the PaperArtsy challenges. (Only time will tell how long I will be able to keep up with it...)

The theme for this fortnight is "Fragile Papers".

My go-to art journalling technique is using tissue/deli papers. I print on them, I stamp on them, I gelli-print on them, I colour them with distress inks...

I chose these from my stash:


I glued the papers down with a decoupage glue.


Then I added a bit of texture using a stencil.


I used a crackle texture paste.


Then I added a bit of drippage using acrylic inks.


Finally I added a quote. I went over the letters with yellow, purple and black paint but they were still lost in the busy background...


... so I added more white and yellow ink in the area around the letters.


I still think it needs something more... maybe I'll add some element later...

2 comments:

  1. Don't think it needs anything else! Love all the elements of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect. I meant to mention in the video that it would be a great idea to dedicate a journal to this year's challenges, and at the end you can look back on all the themes etc. Love how your piece turned out! Crackle texture is always so fab through stencils!

    ReplyDelete