Thursday 29 January 2015

Paper Artsy Theme 2: Shiny Stuff

The second PaperArtsy challenge is all about bling. I often use metallic paints but right now, I'm in love with glitter pastes (and also holographing embossing powders - but I'm not using it on this page).




I first coloured a couple of deli/tissue papers with distress inks and then stamped them with my one and only JOFY stamp set.


I glued the pieces down with a decoupage glue.


It looks a bit messy... Now I needed to tone it down a bit by dabbing some acrylic paints on.


Then I added some metallic paints (Lumiere). Just here and there...


Detail.

Finally, I stencilled a feather with a VIVA Holo Iridescent Glitter Paste.


It so difficult to take a picture of something shiny...


I left it to dry overnight. Then I added a quote and a bit of shading around the feather.


1 comment:

  1. Perfect quote and your step by step photos were very exciting with such lovely final result!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete