Sunday 2 September 2012

Dreamer

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

I'm a dreamer and I don't deny it (and I need to do some art around that quote from the Matrix in the future...). And daydreaming is my favourite activity… closely followed by procrastination… 
I bought this magnetic bookmark with my name in Exter in 1997 - not only because it had my name and its origin on it but because it said I was a Utopian Dreamer. Finally a definition that fits perfectly. 

This page features two of my stencils - designed by me, hand-cut but no other than me. 

[Japanese Proverb]

Here, I used pages that came out of my printer instead of a text document. That was some 10 years ago - I treasured it, and every now and then I dig it out and use it. And I scanned it because I'm running out of it... 
And there is of course a deeper meaning in me choosing this quote but that I'll keep for myself...
 [quote by Henry S. Haskins]

This page is to remind me that I need to slow down and stop chasing things that are not that important. 
[quote by John De Paola]

No comments:

Post a Comment