Friday 21 September 2012

Reason #125 why I should buy a Silhouette machine

I never really used stencils much... until recently. Buying original ones is not easy for me - they are not available (or sold our quickly) here and importing them is a bit expensive.

I used to work in desktop publishing so designing a pattern is only a matter of minutes. Cutting it out with my craft knife is a completely different story, though...


Somewhere in the middle of the process, when my fingers, shoulder and back hurt, I check the availability of a Silhouette Cameo on our market and then get back to hand-cutting. But I'm getting better. And it's getting addictive. I see the patterns everywhere. The first question is - would I be able to cut this shape by hand? and if I say YES, then it's "sorry, my aching body"...


3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Pavla!!! This is definitely going on my "have to try" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am embarrassed because I own a Silhouette and have not cut anything but a piece of plastic, which jammed and I panicked. Love your templates and as soon as I move some junk, will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stencils are awesome, my hands ache just looking at them. :-)

    ReplyDelete