Friday 21 September 2012

Looking for my mojo

I had a rough time this particular week. Things happened and I was feeling blue. And art wasn't helping... 
[quote from Dracula by Bram Stoker]

I don't like to plan – because then I have to stick to something and it makes me nervous when things don't go as intended. So I don't usually “plan” my artwork, but if I do, I almost always struggle. 
This was a prearranged page and I struggled big time. I knew I wanted to do an Olympic page, I knew the background would be in the 5 Olympic colours, I knew I wanted to zentangle the rings. So, why did I struggle when all was clear from the beginning? I was sticking to my plan and didn't listen to my heart. And... I don't even like the page much...
[quote by Baron de Coubertin]

No comments:

Post a Comment